Women's Retreat Day on the Farm
Sunday, September 17, 2017
with Michelle Marlahan
A day down the Delta surrounded by orchards, we will gather in the sweet farmhouse loft for Practice and conversation.
This is a day just for you.
This special Women's Retreat Day will include an end-of-summer asana practice (active, but not too challenging), time for silence or socializing while nourishing with an organic, vegan lunch. The afternoon will open with a seasonal reflective prompt. That will take us into some Ayurvedic tools for body love and recipes for Autumn nourishment. We'll end with a restorative and pranayama practice.
Come to the Women's Retreat Day on the Farm to:
- be pampered
- be in silence, be in community
- slow down, tune in, and consider what wisdom this season is offering you
- learn how to support your bodies (physical, spiritual, emotional) with Ayurveda
- step out of your daily routine
- be in nature
The farm is down the Delta, just shy of Clarksburg. An easy drive (under 20 minutes from Land Park), yet it feels like a true getaway from the city.
There will be plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful grounds which include a pool, shady resting spots and nooks for quiet contemplation.
This is not only a "treat" for you, but also an investment in your ongoing health. The tips and tools you learn will help you navigate the tricky transition into fall, when everything from our skin to our digestion can be disrupted.
Come explore the shift into Autumn and tune in to what kind of care you need right now.
- A season-appropriate, active asana practice
- A restorative practice with pranayama (techniques to free the breath)
- Organic vegan lunch
- Ayurvedic tips for the seasonal transition to Autumn, including food choices and body-care practices
- Ayurvedic Aromatherapy take home goodie
- Creative/writing reflection time
- Free time to explore the beautiful farm grounds, swim in the pool, find solitude or community as you desire
The intention of Retreat Day on the Farm is to help reconnect you with your body, your quiet voice of wisdom and the simplicity of nature.
You will leave with practical tips, recipes, an aromatherapy treat for home, an expanded heart and a happier body.
All levels of practice are welcome.
See you on the farm!