Soft Pumpkin Ginger Cookies
Original recipe is from The Veg Life - my notes are indicated with an *
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, room temperature -- *Earth Balance works perfectly
- 1 cup sugar -- * I used less; between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cups
- 1/4 C Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie filling -- *I used a dollop more
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger -- *I added about a tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to bring out the flavor
- Additional sugar for rolling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together the Earth Balance and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the pumpkin puree and molasses, mixing until well incorporated.
Add the flour, baking soda and spices and fold together.
Do not over mix.
Scoop about an inch-worth spoonful and place directly into the sugar. Roll into balls, coating well with the sugar. Press each ball lightly to flatten.
Place onto a cookie sheet about 2" apart as they will spread.
Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. You will see them start to form the cracks on top.
They will still be soft so let them cool on the cookie sheet until they firm up a bit.
Using a spatula, remove to a cooling rack to finish setting.
*Check out other vegan baking recipes!